If you are one of those users who ask the question: "How to install Windows 10?" in this case, this article will be very useful for you in terms of studying, as it will help you learn about the main ways to install the tenth-generation operating system and as a result, you will be able to apply the information you have studied for its intended purpose. As strange as it may sound, the installation process at the initial stage looks like:
- Selection of OS editors;
- Purchase a license key;
- Select the system installation method.
If everything is more or less clear with the first two points described above, then with the third point, it will be a little more difficult and you will have to Tinker, since the principle of installing the OS from different media is generally the same, but still, they have some excellent nuances. It is about these very nuances that we will discuss further…
How do I install Windows 10 from a DVD or USB flash drive?
In order to perform this installation, you will need to purchase a blank DVD or get a USB drive that will have at least 8 GB of memory. You will also need a stable Internet connection, as you will need to download the system image using it. If that's all you have, then you can proceed with the installation:
- Go to the official Microsoft page and download a specialized tool for creating an image by clicking on the "Download tool this hour" button;
- After the program is downloaded, double-click on the boot file to start the process of checking the device for compatibility with the"top ten". This process takes no more than a minute. If everything is in order ,the installation of Windows 10 will continue and you can proceed to the next step by clicking on the "Next" button;
- Now, be careful, as this you start the stage, where there will be many small steps, each of which is important: get acquainted with the license agreement, select the desired language for the OS, choose the architecture 32 or 64, etc.;
- The next step prompts you to select the device to which you will need to record the ISO image of the system. Here, the choice is not great: DVD or USB, after which, you need to click "Next" to authorize the start of recording the system to your media;
- The BIOS setup starts with restarting the device and repeatedly pressing one of the following buttons until it boots: F8, F12, and Del (each device has different buttons). You are in the BIOS, which means it's time to go to the "Boot" tab, then go to "First Boot Device" and see a specialized menu in which we move the device from which we want to install the OS in the first place. After this manipulation, we save everything by pressing "F10". Please note that on different devices, the BIOS section is different from each other, but the principle of its configuration is identical everywhere. In addition, on the right side of the monitor screen, you can always find hints that allow you to move sections, save changes, and so on.;
- Since you have everything ready, install Win 10, because the simplest thing remains… We restart the computer and during its loading we see the inscription "Press any key to boot from USB or DVD", at this very moment, you need to click on any button on the keyboard to authorize the launch of the system installer. If you do not have time to do this the first time, restart your PC again and repeat the operation;
- In a new window, you will see that the operating system installer prompts you to enter the Windows 10 activation license key. Enter the system activation key and click on the "Next" button»;
- In automatic mode, the system will prompt you to read the license agreement, which you need to read, put the appropriate mark in the specified field at the very end of the license agreement and click " Next»;
- Since the "Clean install" of the system is considered the most practical, you must select "custom: Windows installation only". At the same time, when choosing a hard disk to install the OS on later, remember that it should not have important files, since all of them will be permanently deleted;
- Note that if the device is completely new and the hard disk needs to be divided into several partitions, you can perform this action in this section before starting the main installation process. After dividing the disk into several partitions, you must select the one on which you want to install the system and click next;
- And only now, the fully automatic installation of Win 10 will begin, which will not require any actions from you. During this process, the device will be rebooted several times, you may see the message "Press any key to boot from USB or DVD", but you do not need to take any actions;
- At the end of the installation process, the user will be asked to choose: keyboard layout, log in to your Microsoft account and adjust some minor OS settings. You can skip some of the steps here and perform them at any time when it is necessary, after installing the OS. After completing all the personalized settings, you can see that you are looking at a completely new Windows 10 desktop with all the features that come with it.
Please note that the principle of installing Windows 10 has not changed for years, but it is worth considering the fact that some processes can be added to it, or can be eliminated from it. It all depends on the specific version of the system and on the specific policy of development and promotion of its products by Microsoft. So, if you don't find a step in our article, but you will find it during installation, don't worry, start thinking logically and decide whether you need the proposed system function or you should give it up. So, step by step, you can install a full-fledged new-generation OS with all its functionality.